Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information
Our hospital is committed to providing the highest quality care and ensuring the safety of our patients, employees, providers, volunteers and visitors. We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are taking the necessary steps to ensure we are fully prepared to care for patients, in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and in partnership with our local and state health departments.
Below are a number of resources to help educate you and your family on COVID-19. For more information on the virus, please contact the health department.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (www.cdc.gov)
- Person County Health Department
- Person County Emergency Services Department
- NC Department of Health & Human Services
- North Carolina Healthcare Association (NCHA)
Clean hands are a great frontline defense against the spread of germs and serious infections. Proper hand hygiene in a healthcare setting should be top of mind for both patients and those visiting their room. You should wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
In addition to practicing proper hand hygiene, other precautions that should be taken consist of:
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using